Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Reflections on Week 1


  1. I don't think internet access will inhibit my learning experience. I have enough self control to stay off my phone, and the class is interesting enough to keep me engaged. But I do think that the large number of students will make learning and expressing thoughts slightly difficult. Since so many of us have our own opinions and perspectives (and some more than others, the opportunists I guess, express them more often), being able to give your two cents might be a bit tough. 
  2. I think my best learning experience wasn't necessarily a typical "learn from the book" type of class. I consider my best learning experience to be the painting class I took as a junior with Dr. Del Rio. I learned how to express myself through my art, to paint my feelings and let them speak for themselves. And while I was in a typical classroom setting, I still felt free to do whatever I wanted, to paint whatever came to mind, whatever gave me inspiration. My friend Taylor Wall sat next to me, which was nice because otherwise I would've had no friends in that class. That class taught me how to think freely and unfettered. I realized what was happening when I almost always disregarded an assignment from Del Rio for something else I wanted to do instead, which she encouraged; I realized that I can do whatever makes me happy, to not take orders from anybody, to not be restricted. Let my mind flow creatively.
  3. I am most excited about perhaps learning a completely new method or concept. I want my mind to be blown away. And while those standards are high, I think they'll be met. Honestly, I think I have a very short-sighted perspective, not fully seeing the opportunities that are out there for me to grab. And I think this class will help me see, find, and take them, and help me realize my potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment