Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Just Wait a Minute

(Please excuse any mistakes or errors)

I just got home from work about 20 minutes ago after a long, flustering closing shift. I had a huge rush at the very end, people trying to come in after closing; I started cleaning up late. In addition, a man came in with his 3 young kids and ordered, which i and my coworker proceeded to fill. He pulled out a 50$ bill, which we don't accept (and have a note posted on the front window about said construct). And yet there he laid the crumpled Ulysses S. Grant on the counter top. I told him that unfortunately we do not accept those bills to which he replied that that was all he had to pay with. I started to panic because we already made his order and he had no other form of payment. I tried calling both my bosses, no of whom picked up nor ever contacted me back. Freaking geez, man! That's what cell phones were invented for. But besides the point. I spent about 5-10 minutes trying to figure out the situation while a line formed behind the incompetent, unprepared man with too many kids to handle at the moment. So I had no choice to accept his form of payment which was actually completely unacceptable. I then proceeded to get to all the other people waiting patiently behind him. People kept coming and wouldn't stop even though we close at 9. But apparetlny people don't check on the internet before they get out of the house about cloising time because they are dumb and inane and unable to get themselves to the screen to save themselves a wasted trip out to indulge when they probably don't need ot in the 1st place.

While I know this is a sorry excuse for a late essay, for I should have started earlier than procrastinnating to the last possible night to do this, I am flustered and angry and irritated because of people's stupidity. So I will definitely have the essay up by the early morning. Just have faith in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment