Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Words Paint A Picture

   "Ready?" he asks, looking at me.
   "Ready," I reply. And I am. Ready. Ready to jump into the unknown, take a leap of faith. Ready to face a new world, a world with him by my side.

   I wrote this little tidbit a while back on my phone. I don't remember what inspired it or prompted it; I just remember thinking it and liking it. I like the picture it paints in your head when you read it, the ambiguity. It leaves you to your imagination, let's you create the back story for the two nameless characters (I tend to do that when writing these kinds of pieces). My favorite part is the tone of optimism, how she's ready to head into the unknown with her companion who she trusts and loves. I enjoyed writing this super short story. Perhaps it offers some insight into the life I would like for myself one day: a life of happiness and excitement with someone. In any case, I was pleased with how it sounded and decided to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment